The aloe vera plant is a succulent plant species from the genus Aloe, which is a medicinal plant that is well known for treating skin and helping to cure wounds. It has antioxidant and antibacterial properties that help treat skin and has many other health benefits.
Aloe vera has many benefits, like:
1) It helps boost your immune system. Aloe vera juice contains many micronutrients that help flush out the impurities that affect your body badly. It contains vitamins C and E, which help improve the functioning of body organs.
2) Aloe vera promotes healthy hair; the proteolytic enzymes that are found in aloe help to break down the dead skin cells on the scalp that may clog hair follicles. Applying aloe vera gel that is extracted from natural aloe vera and applying it to the scalp promotes hair growth.
3) Aloe vera is a medicinal plant because it helps heal wounds. Aloe vera gel can also cure sunburns and suntans; the anti-inflammatory properties in it reduce the redness and pain caused by them. Aloe vera is also rich in antioxidants that result in the production of collagen. It soothes the burns caused by razors, fights acne and blemishes, removes dark circles, and eliminates dead skin cells.
4) Aloe vera also helps in reducing arthritis pain; the anti-inflammatory properties in it give relief to painful joints. Dermatitis can also be cured using aloe vera gel. It also helps to fight skin ageing, moisturize the skin, and lighten blemishes on the face.
5) It helps in lowering cholesterol and triglycerides, and many studies have proved that aloe vera juice helps in lowering blood sugar. People with constipation can use aloe vera juice.