Lakshadweep, which is a cluster of islands and a fascinating tourist spot for many coast lovers from around the world, is an archipelago of 36 islands, and each one of them has something unique to offer. When it comes to places to visit in Lakshadweep, one will end up with a long list. The islands have a lot to offer, from clean beaches and well-managed resorts to abundant greenery and peaceful vibes. The highlight is, however, the numerous water sports and diving activities in which you can indulge yourself.
When you are planning your trip to Lakshadweep, make sure you don’t compromise the wonderful experiences at each spot. There are 12 places that you must visit while enjoying your vacation in Lakshadweep.
1. Minicoy Island: The island, also called Maliku, is one of the most prominent parts of the Lakshadweep Islands. There is no entry fee, and you can go boating and hiking there.
2. Kadmat Island: This island is also known as Cardamom Island. This coral island has vibrant marine life. This is the best place to relish delicious local food.
3. Kavaratti Island: The white sand and beautiful sunsets make this island one of the best places to see in Lakshadweep. You can witness mesmerizing sunsets here.
4. Marine Aquarium and Museum: It is located in Kavaratti. This place will give you an encounter with the underwater world. The museum is quite alluring for displaying informative artifacts. The museum was established with the aim of educating the masses about the importance of aquatic life and showing the various species of fish available.
5. Pitti Bird Sanctuary: It is also known as Pakshipitti. If you love birdwatching, then this is the perfect place. This is a small, secluded island located in the middle of nowhere. The island is clean and beautiful to watch different species of birds.
6. Thinnakara Island: This is a private island with minimal hotels. The beautiful lagoons and flawless coast make it a perfect spot for solo travellers who are looking for the best places to visit in Lakshadweep.
7. Kalpeni Island: Take a relaxing stroll here. The highlights of this island are the food and fresh catch.
8. Bangaram Atoll: This island is often referred to as a paradise. The island is considered one of the best places to visit in Lakshadweep, as it is filled with activities for both nature lovers and adventure fanatics. It is best known for watersports like deep sea fishing and scuba diving.
9. Agatti Island: An island that has multi coloured fishes and sea turtles with coral growths. This island has many food options, even if you are a vegetarian. There are many homestays and hotels to choose from.
10. Kiltan Island: It is the Colonial Spot. This place is located 51 kilometres from the main island of Amini. The island is home to the many stunning reefs and lagoons that Lakshadweep has to offer.
11. Amini Island: Amini Beach is an incredible spot for people who are looking for serene tourist places in Lakshadweep. You can try various adventurous activities like snorkelling, scuba diving, reef walking, and kayaking.
12. Andrott Island: Andrott Island is one of the largest islands in Lakshadweep and is known for the Saint Ubaidullah Tomb in the Jumaat mosque. You can spot octopuses and other marine creatures on this island.
Lakshadweep is an all-year-round place to visit. People from all over the world come here to explore the beauty and calmness of this place. This is a place that you must visit at least once in your life.