Using a face serum is an important step in your skincare regimen, and here are all the reasons why. Face serums do what most skincare products can’t. They give a hydration boost to your skin, reduce blemishes, and fight ageing signs, all at once. Serums are more powerful than regular moisturizers when it comes to anti-aging effects. They are concentrated so that they deliver a high potency of actives by penetrating better into the skin. The right time to apply a serum is immediately after cleansing but before moisturizing. Most face serums are safe to be applied twice daily – once in the morning, and once at night before bed.
Here are six important and effective serums that you could incorporate into your daily skin care routine.
1. Hyaluronic acid – provides instant hydration, supple skin, and a dewy complexion. This can be used by everyone, especially people with dry skin. It can also be mixed with other serums.
2. Niacinamide serum- regulates oil production, treats acne, soothes irritation, and reduces enlarged pores. This serum is best for people with oily, acne prone skin.
3. Salicylic acid- removes dead skin cells, blackheads, and whiteheads. It reduces sebum production.
4. Vitamin C- helps fade hyperpigmentation, prevent skin sagging, and helps achieve a glowing, even tone skin.
5. Retinol- increases skin cell production and helps unclog pores. It also exfoliates your skin and increases collagen production, which can reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and give your skin a fresher, plumper appearance.
6. Glycolic acid- break the bonds between the outer layer of skin cells, including dead skin cells, and the next skin cell layer. This creates a peeling effect that can make the skin appear smoother and more even.
By using a serum, your skin will be more radiant and full of colour. It’ll be less dry, and fine lines and wrinkles simply look characterful.