It’s easy to neglect your nails, but by following a few simple steps, you can keep your fingernails healthy and strong. These are few steps to follow:
1. Stay Hydrated: The health of your nails is directly related to your body’s moisture levels. To keep your skin and nails hydrated, drink at least eight glasses of water per day.
2. Avoid Harsh Chemicals: Consistent and prolonged exposure to harsh chemicals such as cleaning products, nail polish remover, and disinfectants can damage nails. Choose natural and organic alternatives whenever possible, and always wear gloves when working with harsh chemicals.
3. Include Vitamins and Minerals: Eating a diet high in vitamins and minerals can have a significant impact on the health of your nails. Consume plenty of biotin, niacin, and vitamin E, all of which have been shown to promote nail growth and strength.
4. Don’t Bite or Pick at Your Nails: Biting or picking at your nails on a regular basis can cause damage and weaken the nail bed. To help break the habit, use products like bitter-tasting nail polish or fidget toys.
5. File Properly: To avoid splitting and damage, file nails with a gentle back-and-forth motion rather than a sawing motion. Filing your nails to a soft oval shape can also help to prevent breakage and promote strength.
6. Moisturize on a regular basis: Nails, like our skin, require moisture. To prevent dryness and cracking, apply moisturizer to your nails and cuticles every night.
Including these easy tips in your daily routine can help strengthen your nails and promote healthy growth.